Our food safety practices during covid19 for preventing food contamination.
Our goal, as a digital food cooperative, is to ensure that UK,US Afro-Caribbean community residents have access to quality and affordable food items all through this period. We are able to achieve this through the existing buying culture. We are also aware of the concerns that our customers, and potential customers, might have about food safety during this covid19 pandemic.
According to FAO and WHO, “It is highly unlikely that people can contract COVID-19 from food or food packaging. COVID-19 is a respiratory illness and the primary transmission route is through person-to-person contact and through direct contact with respiratory droplets generated when an infected person coughs or sneezes.”
Beyond just assuring you that we strictly follow food safety guidelines shared by World Health Organization (in partnership with Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations), as well as other health guidelines shared by NCDC, we want to let you in on what our safe practices are during this period.
Understanding the crucial role Hamtime Logics Limited is playing, we ensure that:
- All our team members are consistently updated with W.H.O and NCDC guidelines for staying safe. We ensure that everyone in our food supply chain is also adhering to these guidelines.
- All staff is well-informed about covid19 and the symptoms of the virus. We have guided them on ways to report such symptoms and ways to seek medical help immediately (to minimize risk of spreading the virus to other workers and anyone else).
- Personal protective equipment (PPE), such as masks and gloves are compulsory for everyone working with us, including farmers or wholesalers supplying us, and must be worn at all times.
- We have also educated our staff on proper ways to use disposable gloves.
- We reinforce frequent sanitation and hand washing during each stage from food supply, food sorting to food delivery. Everyone working with us wash their hands frequently, following the hand washing technique shared by W.H.O.
- We regularly check temperatures of anyone working with us and also ensure everyone keeps a safe distance while working.
- To eliminate or reduce the risk of food surfaces and food packaging materials becoming contaminated with the virus in the process of delivery, workers are required to wash hands, sanitize before wearing gloves while sorting out orders to be delivered.
- Delivery trucks are regularly cleaned with alcohol-based cleaning agents, with more focus on frequently touched parts of the vehicles.
- We have a strict policy with all food suppliers about following all NCDC health guidelines while working with us.